Sunday, August 17, 2008

Fishing day!!!






I am not much of a fishing woman, but my mom and brother LOVE it! My mom has been wanting to take Cambrie fishing this summer, and we finally found a day that worked for everyone. We went up American Fork Canyon to Silver Lake; it was so beautiful. Jon and I decided we need to get up there more often to enjoy the scenery and fresh air. My brother put together what he calls "The Ryan Avery Special." And...yes, he caught most of the fish! We caught four, but turned one loose because he was so small. Jon almost caught one, but he got away with the bait. (Jon isn't a lover of fishing either.) The challenge of the day was keeping Cambrie's fishing pole in the water, she kept insisting there was a fish on it and would reel it in. It was really cute. She did get to reel in the fish on other's poles which she loved. She was kind of freaked out by the fish, and it took a lot of courage to touch one. But, she loved the whole experience....splashing in the mud, reeling in the fish, watching them flop around.....she just giggled. It was such a fun afternoon with the family, and the weather was perfect! I hear going somewhere with higher elevation can put people into labor??? I don't think I am that lucky, but will let you know! :)

2 comments:

Laura said...

Okay those pictures are so cute! Cambrie looks like a professional! So - did she eat the fish?

Jo Lynn said...

What a fun activity, I love fishing. Way a go Cambrie, I think that's so cute that she giggled when the fish were flopping around. I hope your baby comes soon, I remember that all to well. After I was a week late my doctor told me greasy pizza and sex! LOL