Monday, June 16, 2008

A Day on the River!!







Saturday we went with my mom and Dave and the rest of the family river rafting down the Green River. We put in at Nefertitti and rafted about 10 miles to Swasey's Beach. (It is just outside of Green River). I LOVE river rafting....it is so relaxing and so much fun. A couple days before going, I started getting really nervous about taking Cambrie down with river with my pregnant self.....but Jon continued to insist that it would be fun. So, I declared that I wanted to ride in Dave's raft. When we got down to the river, I quickly realized that we are going to all be fine! My mom and Dave had rented to rafts and four kayaks. So, Jon went in the single man kayak, my brother and Crystal went in one, Jason and a friend in another, and then Aaron and Katie. I was in a raft with my mom, Dave, and Cambrie. In the other raft was Jenny, Ryan, their kids, Amanda and tyle, and their kids....BIG group!! :) Cambrie absolutely loved it! She giggled through all the rapids, which was so cute! When you get on, you immediately go through the first set of rapids. After that, Dave asked if I wanted to take over, which I immediately said yes! I ended up oaring the raft the entire trip! Jon did great in the kayak....the first set of rapids was a surprise for him...he wasn't thinking they would be so big...but in a kayak they are!
I am now thinking in a couple years, I want to invest in our own rafting equipment because we all had such a great time! I am already asking when the next trip is!
Afterwards the kids played in the mud on the beach and then we ended up at Ray's for a greasy burger and fries.
It was such a fun day! :)

1 comment:

Laura said...

We'll have to go with you guys next time. I need to just permanently float a river... It would keep me cool for the remainder of the summer months :)