Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Back to Boating!!!







We took our first trip out to the lake with my dad to test out the boat for the season....we always hope for the best on the first trip! It turned out perfectly and we had such a great time. Ann was at a conference in Park City..so it was me, Jon, Cambrie, my dad, Brent, Josh, and Sam (Josh's friend). The weather was perfect and the water was actually not too cold!
Cambrie kept telling us how excited she was to go "on Papa's boat." She had such a great time and took her turn on the tube. Jon and Sam, Josh's friend, went out with her. I didn't think Cambrie would ever come back in the boat, we actually had to just stop and tell her it was time to come in. She just giggled and told us to go faster. She also like to watch the birds on the lake. When I asked her how her tube ride was, she quickly responded with, "the bird almost went poo poo on me." (Nice)
After watching everyone get in the water, I told Jon I was kneeboarding. I figured that the water was smooth, and as long as I didn't do anything crazy like jump the wake, I would be fine. So, yes, me and my pregnant self went kneeboarding... I think my doctor wouldn't be very happy with me. But I had to get it out of my system...and I loved every minute of it! I figure that if the water is smooth, I will continue to until my belly is too big to allow it!
Josh also was thinking he wouldn't get it and went on the boat in jeans. Well, he couldn't resist either and went tubing in his jeans...too funny!
I love boating...it brings my favorite family memories! Thanks dad!!

4 comments:

Ableggi said...

Hey Amber!! How are things? Boating!! How fun, but boating pregnant, are you sure?? I remember doing that and thinking this baby is going to bounce right out!! I hope all is going well with you...I miss seeing you at work everyday! I love to read your blog, it helps me stay in touch!!

Laura said...

Yay for boating! I'm glad you had a fun time. It's definitely a good way to beat the heat.

Mel said...

I loved all your updating! You are up to a lot of fun things! Boating, rafting, dance recitals! Cambrie is so cute and her answers for Jon were adorable. I say do as much as you want until you start having contractions (he He) That's what I do!

Casey Meirovitz said...

Amber you are awesome, but crazy. I also admired the many sporty activities you participated in. So I'm flying in on the 16th and Megan is arranging a DCFS luncheon and then we were thinking that just us girls could take dinner over to Taylors and see her new baby boy? Megan said she would e-mail you and see if you would be available for the luncheon and we haven't decided on a date to go over to Taylors. Sounds like your having an awesome summer and I can't wait to see you.