We have been spoiled with such beautiful fall weather over the past few weeks! It looks like this would be our last beautiful weekend of the year and I was determined to take full advantage of it! Friday morning I met up with Laura and we ran down South Fork and Provo Canyon. The fall leaves were so vibrant and I felt great gratitude for the beautiful place in which we live. I came home and told Jon we were going back up the canyon the next day between conference sessions.
Yesterday after the morning session of conference we headed up Big Cottonwood Canyon to have lunch and walk around Silver Lake. To our surprise, we saw 3 moose right next to the trail! I couldn't believe how close they were; they are so beautiful animals. The colors of fall in the canyon were amazing. I love fall...the only downside is the reminder that winter is around the corner...and I HATE winter! The kids loved the walk around the lake looking at the moose and all the ducks, climbing on logs, and collecting leaves to bring home. We even ran into my Uncle Greg and Aunt Kelly on the trail! I am really hoping for a couple more nice weekends to get out before the weather turns cold.
Last night Jon and his dad went to priesthood session of conference while Sharon and I stayed here with the kids. Cambrie and Ethan spent at least an hour coloring marshmallows and making towers with them. They loved the fun project, and I enjoyed the evening visiting with Sharon.
No comments:
Post a Comment