Sunday, September 4, 2011

The last summer hurrah!



I have picked up a few cases in St. George that I need to travel down to see monthly. Krissie, a friend of mine, suggested going down together and taking our kids. We could spell each other off while we worked. I thought this would be a great idea as it was the weekend before school got and one last chance to soak up the last bit of summer. Krissie found an awesome condo to rent in Green Valley that ended up having 6 swimming pools. We drove down on Wednesday and came back Friday.

I have to admit, Ethan wasn't the best traveler on the way down...in fact he didn't stop talking, whining, or complaining at all!! It was kind of a long ride down there. Once we arrived we unloaded at the condo, grabbed some dinner, and headed to Tuacahn to watch"The Little Mermaid." I hadn't been to Tuacahn for years! It was such a beautiful atmosphere and the show they put on was quite impressive. Ethan loved the show and didn't move until he fell asleep after intermission. Up until then he was keyed in on the show. Cambrie absolutely loved the show as well. The kids were perfect there! Afterwards we met all the actors and the kids got pictures and autographs from them. It was such a fun evening.

The next day I am calling the pool tour! There were six pools in the resort we were in, along with miniature golf, diving boards, and playgrounds. The kids were literally outside from 9:30 that morning until 7 that evening playing. They had such a great time playing in the pool, playing miniature golf, and swimming somemore! It was such a great location to stay at.
That evening we had planned to go to Pirate Island, but it was closed so we ate dinner at a yummy Thai joint and then headed to Family Fun Center to ride bumper boats and play the arcade games.

On our way home the next day we stopped off at Silver Reef. It is a ghost town between St. George and Cedar City. It was pretty neat to explore in the museum and look at all the old buildings. We topped off the trip with a stop at a park in Cedar City....a discovery park. I had to do a couple visits in Cedar so Krissie and the kids hung out at the park while I worked.

It was such a fun trip. Out of all the things we did this summer Cambrie said this was her favorite. She had so much fun playing with Jade, Krissie's daughter. They played so well together. Fun times in St. George!

No comments: