Saturday, October 25, 2008

Cambrie's Conversation

For those who have been following my blog you know that we had a crying chart. Well, it was short lived and didn't work! Last week I told Cambrie I was throwing it in the garbage because it wasn't working. (Yes we are still having horrible tantrums! I am doing great at ignoring her during these episodes.) Anyway, we were at my dad's last night dropping her off and this is the conversation that went on.

Papa: "Cambrie, what happened to your crying chart?"

Cambrie: "It is in the garbage."

Me: "Cambrie, why is it in the garbage?"

Cambrie: "It didn't work."

Papa: "How are you going to earn a toy now?"

Cambrie: "I guess I will have to get a job."


Tonight, we were reading books and Cambrie was insisting that Jon needed to read the book from the back cover to the front. She would not let it rest. Here is the conversation...

Cambrie: "Dad, you need to read it this way."

Jon: "Cambrie, how long have I been reading books?"

Cambrie: "A half hour."

Jon: "Cambrie, I have been reading books for 30 years!"

Cambrie still insisted that Jon read it from the back cover to the front. (It was Brown Bear, Brown Bear) So, he did...here is an excerpt of how it sounded...

me at looking teacher a see I
see you do what
Goldfish, Goldfish

me at looking teacher a see I
see you do what
Sheep Black, Sheep Black

And so it goes through the end of the book. By the end, Cambrie had decided she didn't like the book being read that way.
Too funny!!

3 comments:

Laura said...

That is hillarious! I'll give Cambrie a job -- cracking the whip on Derek when he has his come-aparts.... they are getting more and more frequent. Ugh! :)

Jo Lynn said...

So funny, I love that she threw away her chart. She's a smart one. Cute Halloween pictures, I love the towel. I'm missing park city, the mountains with leaves changing, the snow, the outlets and a caramel apple, so jealous!

Ryan and Crystal said...

These stories are too funny. Cambrie is getting too smart. Glad everything is going well and you were able to have a great weekend getaway.