Saturday, April 5, 2008

Easter Festivities









We had such a fabulous Easter with our family this year! The week of Easter I took Cambrie into Fotogenix to get pictures with a "real Easter bunny." Cambrie is convinced it was the Easter bunny, although it was just a live bunny that you would have as a pet.
It has always been tradition to head out to the desert for at least one day of Easter weekend. We went with my dad, Ann, and my siblings to Goblin Valley....I love it there! We had a great time climbing on the goblins, and Cambrie thought she could climb as high as everyone else. After having a picnic and climbing around, we headed over to a beautiful slot canyon, Little Wildhorse Canyon. Cambrie was so excited about the hike. The slot canyon gets so narrow, we had to leave her backpack behind in the middle of the hike. In that same slot we found puddles of water that made for handed Cambrie from one person to another and bouldering over rocks. Cambrie thought it was great fun....and told us that was her favorite part of the day. After the hike, we headed to the traditional dinner in Green River, Rays Tavern. It is a yummy burger joint that we all love!
On Easter morning we were hoping to hold Cambrie off until at least 8:00 to take her outside to find her eggs and candy. We thought her Easter basket would keep her entertained for a little while...we were SO wrong! She was up at 6:30, and I convinced her to stay in bed until 7:00. She played with her basket for 10 minutes and then wanted to know where the eggs were. So, we all bundled up to go out looking for eggs....Cambrie and I had the traditional egg salad sandwich for breakfast...YUMMY! (Jon thinks they are gross) That afternoon we went to my dad and Ann's for Easter dinner. Ann did her annual Easter egg hunt in her yard for all of us kids....it doesn't matter how old you are! Cambrie got a section of the yard to herself and went to town collecting eggs, as everyone else bolted different directions for their eggs. Ann and my dad have the egg that holds the "dead chick." It is a peep that is like 10 years old....hard as a rock! Whoever finds it gets to trade it in for cash...Jenny found the dead chick this year! It is always so much fun! It was a fabulous Easter, and we always appreciate the fun holidays with my dad and Ann.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I love the pictures! You guys will have to take Dave & I to Goblin valley sometime - it looks like such a blast! Egg salad for easter breakfast?! THat's a new one, but I always love an eggsalad sandwich :)

Ableggi said...

Hey Amber! Cambrie is getting so big!! I love keeping up on your blog!! I miss you here at DCFS! I hope all is going well.