Thursday, February 14, 2008
Venting about snow....
I figure since this is kind of the journal of our lives, I can't skip out on not writing about the adventures of snow last night! I work in Salt lake, about a 35 minutes commute....last night it turned into a 4 1/2 hour commute of frustration! I had no idea that it was supposed to snow and blow as if we were on the plains of Wyoming! After it taking me three hours to get to Four Corners, and attempting to go up the Barnes' Road to try to get home ( to no avail, there were SIX cars stuck!) we learned that our power was out. I decided we could either go home to our house, sit in the cold, and have something random that doesn't require cooking for dinner, or stop for dinner at Four Corners and see if traffic starts moving. Since SR 73 was closed, Smiths and the gas station was a parking lot of cars and buses with nowhere to go. Smiths was giving away free food to whoever was stranded, and people were carrying out pillows and blankets preparing to spend the night! Jon took a backroad that was full of snowdrifts to get Cambrie. We met at Won Won wok which was completely full of people! I am sure the owner was praying for more snow days like this one. We ate our food, made some phonecalls and learned our power was back on. SR 73 was still closed and everywhere a parking lot, but we decided to try to make the journey home. It took us a 1/2 hour just to get out of the Smith parking lot!!! (OUCH!) Our normal five minute drive home turned into 1 1/2 hours. It was such a nightmare, and I pray we don't have anymore storms like that this year! I have learned that I am a complete wuss when it comes to sitting in traffic, and that if there is ever a state of emergency out here, none of us are getting out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You were the smart one to go and eat!! That was such a crazy day. I still can't believe that happened to us!
Post a Comment